Sunday, September 25, 2005

Not The Best Morning...


This morning was not a good morning to be "mom" to my kitty cat. I'm not feeling particularly well (my sinuses are really messed up), and as you know, I'm behind on my Virginia Woolf reading, so I set my alarm clock for 7 am, so I could get some reading done, and still have some time for knitting today. Yesterday I set my alarm for 7 am also, and started Orlando, and I had to get it finished this morning, so I can start on The Waves (the last Woolf novel I have to read).

Anyway, at 5:45 am, I hear the cat heaving away, and it sounded like he was moving around while he did it. I decided that I'd just wait til my alarm went off at 7, and clean it up then. Well, I was right. He was moving around while he threw up!! So I spent the beginning of my day cleaning up 4 large patches of cat vomit. And he even managed to get it on my hair dryer!! All I could think was, "why can't he throw up in the bathroom or the kitchen", where it would be easier to clean up? I think he just likes to torture me.

And to top it all off, after I cleaned up, I went into the kitchen to start the coffee, and he started begging for food, and absolutely would not stop whining until I fed him. Good news though, it's still in his stomach.

Oh and I have more yarn news, but I have to do more school stuff before I can write about it. I'll take pictures as well. I hope to do that later today, or tomorrow.

PS. The picture is the cat wrapped up in the crocheted afghan that I made in the spring. It's ugly but nice to have around since it's getting colder.

No comments: