Monday, October 24, 2005

Weekend Knitting


Well, the mailman never delivered my package on Friday, but I am hopeful he will arrive today. I spent the weekend writing a 3500 word essay on Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and I finished my final edit yesterday afternoon. I am soooo glad that it is done! I don't have another paper due for that class until the end of November.

This week will be spent on the last two units of the sociology course, and the last assignment, and next week I will be studying for the exam on the 6th. I'm still very stressed about that.

On to things that are more fun.....

I was craving some sock knitting over the weekend, and since I didn't get the sock yarn I ordered on Friday, I decided to finally start on the mate to the first sock I ever knit. I think it's going quite well. I was a little concerned about using a 12 inch circular, because I used dpns for the first one, but I managed to stretch all of the stitches around. I love Addis. The sock is a woman's medium with 64 stitches cast on, and it barely stretches, so I wouldn't recommend using any fewer stitches on your 12 inch Addi Turbos, girls. But 64 st is definitely possible!

I also decided to begin on the sleeves for the Vogue Knitting Fall 2005 Shawl Collar Cardigan. I am still waiting for the Debbie Bliss Astrakahn from a seller in the UK, but I picked up the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran from Urban Yarns last week. The first 5.5 inches of ribbing is worked in the Cashmerino Aran, as is the collar. I finished all the ribbing on the sleeves, and cast on for the collar last night, but didn't get any further than that. If I get the Astrakahn today, I will be working on the sleeves tonight. I think this is going to be a pretty quick knit, which is good, because I have so much that I want to knit this fall.

Random thought: I wish I could get Lorna's Laces in Vancouver. I've talked to several shop owners here, and they all say, "Well, we can't carry everything." I know that, but if there's demand, they really should be selling it, and getting rid of the acrylic crap that can be found at Michaels. Ooh, I guess that was a bit snarky. And I must add that not all of the shops are guilty of this. Urban Yarns is packed to the brim with high quality yarns, and Birkeland Bros. is not guilty either. Hmmm....Who does that leave?

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love that color pink!