Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ya Know....

I think I like being online better than real life. What does that say about my "real life"?

I love reading other knitter's blogs, seeing their progress, splurges, and finished objects. I just don't have that anywhere else. Oh, and I love getting comments on my stuff. I think that in "real life" when I start talking about knitting, I feel like I'm imposing on people. I get the "Uh huh, Uh huh, hmmm, well that's cool", but I can tell that I'm just being put up with. I hate that. I wish I had knitting friends that lived close by that I could get together and knit with, and go on yarn expeditions with, etc. Sadly, I don't. All the SnB meetings are too far away for those who are stuck on the bus. I don't want to spend an hour or so on the bus, just to spend an hour or so at the SnB, and and hour or so home. That sucks. I hate the bus.

So what have we learned?

1) I hate being "put up with" for a perfectly good interest.
2) I hate the bus.
3) I hate Canada Post, or whoever is responsible for my yarn not being here yet. Hmm...Airmail, and it's already been MORE than two weeks. This is stupid. I want my F*CKING yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry Mom, I wasn't really swearing).

2 comments:

Karen said...

I felt isolated in my knitting before I discovered knitting blogs too. I never expected to feel such a sense of community with people I "type" with, but I really feel like I've made a bunch of great new friends blogging. Cool, huh? I've also learned a lot, like knitting techniques and terms I probably never would have know. I agree, sometimes blog-life is so much better than real life (how could it not be, everyone is so encouraging and supportive!!!)

Christina said...

I guess I'm lucky in that I work with another knitter, so we share our projects with one another. The blogs are great, though. I love browsing them, too. (Mainly for the finished projects! I get so inspired by other people's accomplishments!)

Have you tried finding a yarn store in your area, or a craft store that offers knitting lessons? I have an A.C. Moore I shop at and I know they have knitting nights. Also, they had this knitting party a few weeks ago, marking all their knitting related items down 25%. That isn't the amazing part, though. IT WAS PACKED WITH KNITTERS!!!!! I didn't realize how popular it has become! So, try the craft store! I'm sure there are others in your area who are dying to share their hobby with someone else!