Monday, November 28, 2005

As Promised: Knitting News

Between too many papers, stressful encounters with my prof for Medieval Lit, and what is beginning to seem like zero time, I have managed to knit, and purchase more yarn (yeah. like I really need it).

It's 11:30 am, and I still haven't started work on school stuff for today. Wonder why? I was busily going around the house, taking yarn pictures!

First: The Noro Garter Stitch Scarf for Me---


It's made out of their "Silver Thaw" line, which I had never heard of until I was in Birkeland Bros. a week and a half ago.

It is 50% Wool, 20% Angora, and 25% Nylon. (Color # 5)

The colors are so pretty that even knitting in garter stitch is not boring! It is really nice yarn to work with, and even if you pull a bit hard, it doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart, which is what I found with Silk Garden.

I started out with one hank, with instructions to use a 10mm needle, but I decided I liked the 5mm needle better, so I'm part way (almost/about half) through the second hank, which is now a lovely ball, thanks to my ball winder and swift.

This picture really does not do this yarn justice!

When I was in Birkeland Bros., and saw this yarn, I just could not leave without it. I really haven't had that feeling in a while!

I'm trying to get it done ASAP, because it's actually starting to get cold here. It dipped below freezing last night for the first time this season, and we have SNOW in the forecast!!! I love snow so much!!! I keep jumping up to look out the window every few minutes, so I don't miss it. It hasn't started yet, and all I've accomplished is wasting time.

I have more pics, and I'll try to get them posted later today. I find that once the pictures are taken, writing is no problem.

No comments: