Thursday, November 17, 2005

When Will It End? I Know!! 29 Days!!!

That's right! Only 29 more days to go until I am officially done school FOREVER!! Which means 29 more days of insanity (unfortunately).

I was going to work on a paper today, but I spent most of the day procrastinating. I finally sat down to work on it, read for a few minutes, then noticed my secret sock sitting beside me. The temptation was too great, and I had to pick it up. I wanted to finish picking up the stitches for the heel. Well, either knitting or school or both want to punish me, because I picked up two stitches, then got a very painful bamboo splinter in my finger. The worst part is that I can't find it! I only know that the pain is unbearable.

So, now it's 3:30, and I don't think I'm going to get very much done. It just means I have to be super productive tomorrow.

I WILL KNIT TONIGHT!!! Nothing can stop me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. I want nothing more than to knit knit knit! The temptation is to great! I need to teach myself how to knit with my toes so I can doing it while I'm doing homework!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chrissy,
I was wondering if you would help me to get the word out about a very special project. I have been working with Beryl Tsang (www.titbits.ca) and MJ DeCocteau (www.rethinkbreastcancer.com) on an idea to support the many young women and their families that face breast cancer by raising funds for research. The funds will all be directed to ReThink Breast Cancer. My idea is to ask knitters to make a Tit Bit, using the free Knitty pattern, and send it in. I am trying to encourage a lot of creativity in these. They don't have to be wearable necessarily, more objects d'art. We will then auction the titties at the annual fundraising Gala, held here in Calgary, AB Canada in June. Any others will be auctioned on "Tit e-bay". Wearable titties will be provided at no charge through Titbits to women who have recently undergone a mastectomy. Of course, there will be knitterly prizes awarded because everyone deserves to be thanked for their support.

Will you help me to spread the word around blogland?

Thank you so much,

PS: Here is the new blog dedicated to this project.
www.knittwotogether.typepad.com/rethinking_titbits/