Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Never Thought I'd Finish Early


I finished making my last editing alterations to my final paper on Virginia Woolf this morning. For anyone who doesn't already know, that paper was the last paper I had to finish for my degree. I think I'm in a state of shock or disbelief or something, because I don't really feel anything. I actually feel a little brain dead. I was originally supposed to be done tomorrow, so maybe some excitement will kick in then. I had to take a picture of the envelope that is holding the last paper, so I could properly document it in the blog world. Hey! Ya know what? As soon as my grades are in, you'll never have to listen to me complain about school, and bore you with the details. Although, I do appreciate your listening so far.

I've already started cleaning off my desk, and I can see actual wood! That hasn't happened in a while. I think there's still more yarn on it than there should be.

I want to move on to my new found freedom, but I'm still really worried about my final mark for medieval lit. I think I did really well on the final and the last paper, but I don't have either of those marks back. I guess it's not really that surprising that I'm a bit worried, because 70% of my mark is still outstanding! Gotta love those disorganized markers.

Last night I worked on the sock for my secret sock pal. I'm almost done the first one (I know that sounds really bad, especially since the PAIR is supposed to be in the mail tomorrow, but I think I might be able to get the second one done this weekend).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, congratulations to you! you should go celebrate. luck with the medieval lit paper.

Anonymous said...

I think it's hard to be able to jump from finishing your degree and being super-happy about it. When I finished my last exam for my compsci degree, I was just kind of lost. I think maybe, a year and a half later, I'm ready to celebrate.

Just kidding. Seriously, good job. I wouldn't have managed to do correspondence school. I need peer pressure and nagging to get any work done.

Are we gonna have a party?

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! So what kind of degree are you getting?

Chrissy said...

It's a Bachelor's of Arts in English.