Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Very Thoughtful Gift



I just received an email from the BC SPCA that informed me that a donation had been made in the name of out cat, Echo. The donor was anonymous, so I have been puzzling over who could have sent it. It could be anyone I know, since I surround myself with animal lovers. Click here to see the e card we got.

This gift is very special and meaningful to me, since we got our cat from the SPCA, and all little kitties, and dogs have a special place in my heart. In fact, the Petcetera stores all house some SPCA cats and dogs, and every time I'm near a Petcetera I go and visit the animals, giving them a little love and human contact, if only just for a few minutes. I always feel so bad when I leave, because I can't take them all home and give them loving homes.

I find that the days I have my Petcetera visits, I always hug the cat a little tighter. I couldn't imagine him living in a little cage, and I'm so glad we were able to rescue him (even if he does wreck my stuff, and use up a bunch of money on food and litter).

I think the reason that this donation is so touching is because it is such a caring and selfless gift, and for an animal lover, it helps those who I think need it most.

Even though the donor chooses to remain anonymous, their kind act is appreciated, and isn't this type of kindness what Christmas is really about?

I haven't been feeling the Christmas spirit yet, but this donation made in our own SPCA cat's name, has put me in it.

This Christmas/Holiday season, remember that there are many animals out there that need help, and if you can, try to make a contribution (in your name, your animal's name, or as a gift) to their care at your own local SPCA or animal shelter. It'll make you feel good.

I wonder is the anonymous gifter will reveal him/herself? If not, and they read this: Stu, the cat, and I really appreciate your thoughtful donation, and we want to thank you very much.

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a heart-felt post. Touching.