Monday, December 12, 2005

The Worst Is Over

Yesterday morning I wrote what will hopefully be my last final exam! After studying my butt off, I don't think it was all that difficult, but I'm sure glad I don't have to do it again. I wouldn't say I aced it, but I think I did well.

I want to thank everyone who wished me well on me exams either through leaving a comment, or just thinking it. It's nice to know I have a caring support network from all over the world. Knitters really are the best! But who could argue with that? No one, that's who!

I have one more paper to do this week. It's a 12 pager on Virginia Woolf's novel, To The Lighthouse. I've decided to re-read it, just so I can write a better paper. The week doesn't look too busy, but Friday is going to be killer.

On the agenda for Friday:

1) Paper must be submitted.
2)Dr's appointment in the morning.
3)Secret Socks are supposed to be sent off (like the alliteration there?).
4)It's my Dad's B-Day (don't worry I finished his pressent in September).
5)Gill's B-Day (I finished my shopping for her yesterday).

Doesn't that sound like a busy day? I think it's going to be "good busy" though.

I really hope to get a good amount of knitting done this week as well.

Do you have a minute? I have a story from yesterday that I want to share....

We were driving Stu's Dad's car for the weekend, but had to return it last night, and pick up Stu's car. We arrived at his parents house around 5:30, and said hi to them, but we were both exhaused (and I wanted to do some knitting on my secret sock), so we decided to head home right away.

He unlocks his doors, and realizes that the light didn't go on, then he tries to start the car and .....NOTHING. The effing battery was dead!! Now, I was cold, tired, and wanting to knit, so let's just say I was less than pleased.

We jump started it, using his Dad's car, and got it running after a bit, but then realized that the fan, and windshield wipers, etc. did not work. That meant that we couldn't de-fog the thing. He played around with fuses for awhile, and that didn't fix anything.

He needed to work on stuff from the passenger's seat, so I went and sat in his Dad's car, which still had a little heat left in it from when we were driving it. That heat did not last long. Luckily, I had my sock with me, so I figured I'd work on it for a bit.

It's hard to knit a sock by interior car light! I'm working on the heel, and it is a gigantic pain in the @ss! I've never done toe up before, and it looks like there are a bunch of holes in the heel. I hope they won't show when the sock is done. The really frusterating thing is that I am following the instructions perfectly. No mistakes! Ah, this heel is driving me nuts.

Back to the car story....We were there (out in the cold) for over an hour. I think I'm still cold from it!

I'll leave you with a picture of the cat, cuz he ROCKS!!! or something....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate car trouble? When my car breaks down, I feel like I've lost my independence! It really depressed me. :p That sock sounds killer, good luck with it. I'm working on a blanket for Project Linus. Have you ever done that?

See ya!