Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head---


That's right folks, it's raining again. Yesterday was so nice and sunny. It was just "happy" weather. The brightness went perfectly with my newly finished cable wrist warmers. Just look at how bright my apartment is in the pictures.

These babies were super quick to knit up! One day! I couldn't believe it. They're soft and comfy too. I'll definitely be wearing them today.

These would make a really great gift, because they're so fast to make, and you can use such a wide range of yarns.
If you want more detail on the specs for these lovely warmers, check out my post from a few days ago.

Yarn is starting to overtake my household again. I managed to put everything away, and now it is creeping out of the boxes.

I guess it doesn't help that I bought more yarn a few days ago. I went to the Knit & Stitch Shoppe in West Van, and guess what? They have KOIGU!! I thought I'd never be able to get it unless I ordered it from the States, because I could not find a LYS that carried it. By the way, it's not that I really mind ordering stuff from the US, but I think it's kind of stupid to have to order a Canadian product from there, because you can't find it here.

See, it's not just politicians who don't care about the West.

Ok, I've made Jaywalker progress! The leg is a bit tight, but at least (with a struggle), I can get it on (not like last time). The picture I took is from yesterday, so it's no longer an accurate depiction of my progress, but I thought I'd show you anyway.

Sorry about the blurriness, I guess I just can't stay still long enough to take a picture.

I'm going to be working on this sock all day today, and I'll try to get a picture of the sock tonight.


I've been meaning to post this "corn chip/sailboat" picture for at least a week now.

Stu found a corn chip that he was convinced looked like a sailboat, so he printed out an "appropriate" background, and made me take a picture of it. And yes, sometimes I do think he's nuts.


I'm so glad that everyone likes my baby booties. I love getting positive feedback. And I totally agree that they should make a pattern for them in adult sizes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cornchip sailboat is hilarious! What a goofball :P

I love the color of yarn you used for those arm-warmers. It reminds me of sherbet icecream. What brand is that yarn?

Anonymous said...

LMAO...at the corn chip sailboat! Hey, maybe he can sell it on eBay, you know, like those people did claiming they saw the Virgin Mary and Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich:o)

Cute sock...Love the colors. Once you block them maybe it'll fit better.

Have a wonderful day. And remember raindays are perfect for snuggling with stu and watching a good movie.

yarnahoy said...

ooh. pretty colors!
:)
Manasi