Friday, January 06, 2006

Why Yes, This Is The Second Post Today

I went on a button excursion to A Touch of Wool on Dunbar Street today, and found some cute/pretty/suitable buttons for the booties I've been working one. They look like little pearls.

One bootie is done (except for the button), and the other still needs its many ends woven in, and the button.

I hate finishing work. I think it's because I have no confidence in my finishing work, because I haven't really done much of it. This includes weaving in the ends. I think I'm getting better though.

I broke down and got an Addi Turbo in the 3.25mm size to use on the baby sweater today. Things are moving along much more quickly now. I hope to get the majority of it done by the end of the weekend, since I'm going to kick the job search into high gear on Monday.

I have the whole weekend to knit freely, since Stu kindly (very very kindly) did ALL of the dishes tonight. My mind and energy have been elsewhere lately, so there has been absolutely NO housework happening here.

I really want to get some knitting progress pics posted this weekend as well. I just have to make sure I remember while it's still light out.

Can you believe that tomorrow is the 7th day of the new year? It's been a week already! Is everybody sticking to their resolutions? I'm still sticking by mine, although I'm not calling them resolutions, because if I do, they won't last. I'm just calling them changes that happened to coincide with the new year.

Oh, I have a question that I keep forgetting to post about --

What makes a knitting blog a good knitting blog to you?

I'm really curious about your thoughts on this, and would love it if you would share your criteria/ opinions with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good knitting blog? Hmmm...

Witty dialogue and lots of pics...kinda like yours! :)

Karen said...

A week into the New Year already - how the heck did that happen? Okay, what I like in a knitting blog: lots of posts about knitting, but some about other things too (so I feel like I KNOW the blogger - just a list of projects is kind of impersonal), some silly and entertaining posts, and many progress and FO pictures. Links to useful info and patterns is nice too.