Monday, April 17, 2006

One Last Day, Then I Must Go Back To Work...

Well, it's Monday. I was hoping to be back to work today, but reality set in last night, and I realized that I wouldn't be well enough to work today. On the plus side, I woke up feeling a little bit better this morning, and come hell or high water, I will be going to work tomorrow. I'm going to try to return to a bit more of a normal schedule today, where I'm up and about a bit more, so tomorrow isn't too shocking to my system.

I've got the sock bug again. I don't know if you've noticed, but I haven't been doing to much sock knitting lately. I think I burned myself out on socks, and just needed a bit of a break from them. Well, I actually have the desire to knit socks again, so that's a good sign to me. I cheated on my sock yarn diet not last weekend, but the weekend before. I was at my LYS, Urban Yarns, to get some yarn for a baby project for my niece, and they had just got some Lorna's Laces in. This is big! Until they got LL's in, you could not buy it in Vancouver. I picked up 2 skeins in Bittersweet. This colorway is mouthwatering! Beautiful! It was worth it even though I'm part of the SYAC (Sock Yarn Addicts Club), and I shouldn't be buying yarn.

I've been poking around my books and different websites for sock patterns to use with this colorway, and I wasn't having much luck until I went to Cara's website, January One. She's making the lace socks from the spring Interweave Knits magazine, and they look fabulous! Fortunately, my secret pal sent me that issue of IK in her last package to me, so I even have the pattern. I have to admit that I thought that pattern was just "alright" when I saw it in the magazine, but after seeing them on Cara's blog, I really want to make them.

I have one sleeve left on the baby bolero I'm making, and to tell you the truth, I really don't feel like knitting it anymore. I've realized something that will be important to my future knitting--I really don't like working with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby. I don't mind the other weights of Cashmerino, and I don't even mind the baby weight in other yarn brands. For some reason, I just do not like working with this yarn. I'll have to make sure I keep that in mind when I'm buying yarn next time.

We watched another movie yesterday, this time it was An Unfinished Life. It's got J-Lo in it. I was a bit worried it wouldn't be very good, but it was really quite fabulous! Oh, and the day before, we saw Fun With Dick and Jane, and it was very funny. I'd see it again. I'd see both of them again.

To wrap up, I'll be at work tomorrow, I'm going to knit the lace socks from the spring IK, and An Unfinished Life, and Fun With Dick and Jane were both good movies. Oh yeah, and I'm not knitting with Cashmerino Baby again... Well...at least not until I forget that I don't like it. Ha!

Oh, and we had a nice little Easter surprise: Our birdies that made a nest in our hanging basket on the deck have hatched their eggs, so we have 4 baby birdies living in out hanging basket! That's what that picture is all about.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I'm glad you are finaly on the mend and going back to work:)

Congrats on the sock yarn purchase. How about if we call it a free day? No harm, no foul:)

Watch it though, Lorna's Laces can be very addictive, I think I have 8 hanks in my stash.

Anonymous said...

Awww! We had baby birds last year in the fluffy ruffle fern on the back porch. The Mom would fly out at your head if you used the back door but the cats LOVED it.