Sunday, April 30, 2006

Update!

Well, another birthday has successfully passed! Yes, I am now the big two-three. I know that older people are like, yeah your so young, wait til your older, then complain, but this B-Day has been one of the more traumatic ones. Actually, it's not that bad, but I do have a few wrinkles.

I've been eating cake every day for the last week, so now I feel like I need that sugar to survive. I'm thinking that Tuesday might be my first cake-free day.

Amazingly, I did not receive any yarn or knitting paraphernalia for my birthday. But that's alright with me, because I'm just not in a new yarn mood right now. I think it's because I'm trying to knit up my stash, and new yarn makes that more difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally opposed to new yarn or anything.

I've been knitting away on my super plain sock, and I got the heel turned last night, and a bit more. I'll do some pictures soon.

Bird update: The three finches that are living in our hanging basket have all learned to fly, and flew away this morning. The fourth egg didn't hatch, and we know this because we saw that it is still in the nest.

We watched Pearl Harbour last night. Geez, what's with all the sad movies. I did learn something though, Josh Hartnett is h-o-t!! Ya learn something new everyday!

I think I'm going to head to the garden store for a few more plants today. I did get an amazing pot with beautiful things in it! It has lavender, grapefruit mint, pineapple mint, and strawberry plants! My parents always pick the most fabulous arrangements!

I also got some beautiful cut flowers from my friend Martin, and a super useful cookbook from my friend Carol, and her BF Mike.

A friend of mine is coming over this afternoon, so I need to get cleaning! See ya soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I believe you never can tell which birthdays will be most traumatic. I'll be 38 in a few weeks, but by far my very worst was 25. I have no idea why, but I had a harder time with that than I did with the big 3-0. Not looking forward to 40 though!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello awesome secret pal! Happy belated birthday!