Sunday, May 28, 2006

Finally Finished!!


For some reason I got bit by the "must finish something" bug yesterday. Thankfully, I have many projects in the "almost finished" category. I decided to pick up the Baby Bolero from Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino Baby II. I'd finished everything except for sewing up one side, sewing in the ends, and doing the edging. I improvised on the edging, because it called for about 2 feet of 5 stitch wide garter stitch, which was then to be sewn along the front, neck, and back. Honestly, I had no interest in dull work like that, so I crocheted the edge.

I think it turned out well, and with use, it will get better. I find that crocheted edges need wear to look their best. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby in a pretty raspberry color. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the sleeves are 3/4 length, which will be great for the warmer weather.

I think part of my need to finish some things comes from my desire to get the house cleaned up. I've realized that I have way too much yarn, and way to many WIPs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the crochet edge better! Garter stitch is a snooze. Good choice. It's neat that you can mix up knitting and crochet in your projects.

Karen said...

It came out really great!!! Don't you love when the "must finish something" urge strikes?? So good to want to be productive . . . as opposed to the "must start something ELSE new" urge. :)

KnittenKnots said...

Tres cute!! That pink is very pretty and I like the crochet edging too.