Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural fibers. I do not like novelty or eyelash or any weird stuff like that. I like wools of all sorts, the softer the better. I've always wanted to try Trekking XXL. Oh, and I'm a total sock yarn addict.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My fancy Lantern Moon silk needle case.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'd say I'm advanced. I've been knitting off and on since I was 5. I've only been really serious about it for the last 3-5 years though.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like vanilla and lavender and rose.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Sweet tooth? YES! Caramel, chocolate, red licorice, corner store candies, like sour keys, nerds, and sweet tarts.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I garden, crochet (only a little though, I prefer knitting). Yes I know how to spin, but I don't because it takes up too much valuable knitting time.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD).
I like all kinds, I'm absolutely loving Nickelback right now. Yes I'm mp3 equipped.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love all colours, brights, pastels, whatever. I tend not to go with reds though. I love vivid blues mixed with pale ones. Almost all my yarn is variegated sock yarn.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a "man pet" and a "cat pet". The "man pet" eats all edibles my pal sends. He's still enjoying the Hello Kitty fruit snacks from SP 7!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not really

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks!

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Addi Turbos all the way.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both.

17. How did you learn to knit?
My grandma taught me when I was about 5

18. How old is your oldest UFO? A couple of years

19. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Just yarn.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions, and I'm sure there are some books, I just can't think of any right now.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not really.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I'm an 8.5

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
April 27 (you just missed it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy - it's me, your new Secret Pal. I am looking forward to getting to know you through your website!

You'll be hearing from me soon...

SP