Monday, June 26, 2006

What? She Can Sew Too?

I've been sewing! I had a plan that when I joined the Knit Sock Kit Swap I might attempt a sewn bag for my pal. I did have a back up knit bag as well though. In the past my sewing attempts have been disappointing, if not a total disaster, so I wasn't feeling all that hopeful. As I bought some beautiful fabric, I knew in the back of my mind that it may not work out.

We're having a bit of a heat wave right now, and I was looking for something to do that didn't involve acrylic yarn and fingers (for my granny squares). I decided to tackle the bag sewing last night. We watched a couple of lame movies as my bag attempt materialized. I couldn't believe it! It actually went well. It turns out that I can now sew in a straight line!

I worked on it til after 11pm last night, and reluctantly went to bed. I just have to finish sewing up the lining, and then attach it to the rest of the bag, and do a few other finishing things. I'd like to do it right now, but Stu's asleep in the living room, and it's only 8am. I will/should be finishing it this morning, and I'll take pictures after that. I think my pal will like it.

I will likely be shopping for my pal's sock yarn today, if I don't get too hot to move.

I spent a good portion of yesterday by the pool, because it's been soooo hot. I'm not complaining though. It's a great week to be on vacation. I think I'll have a hard time going back to work next Tuesday.

No comments: