First, I'd like to thank everyone for their nice and encouraging comments on my last post. I thought I'd show you all the finished product. It was still a little damp, but I'm considering it done! It actually turned out a little long and wide, so I might see if this will fit my dad. These sorts of sweaters are right up his alley. If it does fit, I'll get a picture of him wearing it.
The pattern is from one of the White Buffalo pattern cards (which I can't actually find right now). You can probably tell from the pictures, but the front is exactly the same pattern-wise as the back. When I was blocking it, I just made sure to rinse it until the water ran clear (that is after I heavily salted the water).
I guess using this yarn was a good thing, because I learned two ways of dealing with running colors. Salt or vinegar. Not both, unless you want to smell like chips every time you wear your new garment. It might be okay if you were making Ruffles, I guess. Hehe. Okay, that was bad.
I opted for the salt, since the smell of vinegar makes me sick. It worked really well, so I'd recommend this way. Just use a bunch, I think I used about 2/3 of a cup in a 1/4 filled bathtub. Just start out with enough super hot water to dissolve the salt, then fill the rest with cold water, and you get barely lukewarm water. No bad wool effects this way!
I am so glad it's done!
Stu managed to snap a really good picture of the boys (aka Redd and The Cat).
See! I told you he was small!
I started a new project last night, but I'm going to wait a day or two to tell you about it.
Also, I sent my KSKS package off to my pal a few days ago, and my pal has sent mine off, so there will be pics soon (I hope!) . I'm excited!