Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekend Stuff...

I went to the grand opening of Vancouver's newest yarn store yesterday. It's called Three Bags Full. It was packed! They're a small store, and they don't have a ton of different kinds of yarn, but it looks like quality over quantity. The yarns they do have are stocked in every color you could possibly want.

They remind me a little bit of Urban Yarns as far as the environment. Ya know, the type of yarn store the feels like you may have just walked into an Ikea, if only Ikea was filled with yarn. The only problem I have found with stores like these is that they're poorly lit. Otherwise they're great.

The best thing about this new yarn store is that the have Cascade 220 in every color imaginable, Euroflax originals, and this is really the best part---They carry Sweet Georgia yarns. I'd never seen any of her yarn in person before, but I did yesterday. They are as fabulous as could be imagined. I hope they're going to carry her stuff all the time.

They also have a good stock of Koigu and Lorna's Laces.

The only downside (but this actually applies to all the yarn stores in Vancouver, West Vancouver, and Burnaby) --- Parking is a pain in the butt. Oh well, if that's the worst I have to say, that's pretty good.

I found some beautiful tweedy pale purple Cascade 220 while I was there yesterday, and I think it's the perfect yarn for the Central Park Hoodie from the Fall 2006 KnitScene. The gauge is the same, the yardage is just a bit different, so I'll need an extra ball. I found a great blog that explains it really well. If you're interested, it can be found here. It's a blog called SoCherryKnit.

I think I'll be acquiring the Cascade 220 in the near future.

Can you believe I didn't buy anything yesterday? It's not because I didn't want to, believe me! The yarn diet is still going well, but that's not going to last too much longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Cascade tweed, too!

Do you participate in knitalongs? There is a Central Park Hoodie KAL starting September 1 at http://christybelle.typepad.com/centralparkhoodie/.