Monday, September 18, 2006

Hi Guys! Remember Me?

Sorry it's been a while. I have an insanely bad cold, which has left me with zero energy. I'm going to try to finish my first Whitby sock tonight. I'm onto the ribbing (I'm doing it toe up).

I've figured some things out in the last couple of weeks about sock patterns, and toe-up vs. top down.

If a sock pattern is made for top down construction, and you want to do it toe up, read the chart from top to bottom, instead of bottom to top (this is what I've done with Whitby).

If you want to knit a regular stitch pattern from something like the Vogue Stitchonary, and you want to do it top down, read the chart from top to bottom.

If you want to do it toe up, read the chart from bottom to top.

I think this makes sense. I hope so anyway.

The weather has turned here, and we've got grey clouds, and rain. I thought the picture would be a nice reminder of summer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are feeling sick. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yep, this definitely makes sense - thanks for sharing! I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well - I'm sending a lot of positive thoughts and energies over all across the ocean - hope you'll feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, it's no fun to be sick =)

knitfriendly said...

I hope that you feel better soon! Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. Knitting is good for recovery as well.....dr's orders.

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect sense to me :o)

Get better!