Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ode To A Milk Dud...

Oh Milk Dud, chewy and sweet.
You arrived with sock yarn, but
will never adorn my feet.

Hours and hours I've thought of you,
All the while, my addiction grew.
But four Milk Duds, I've ever had.
And for those few, I sure am glad.

Your shiny chocolate makes me dream.
Your chewy centre makes me gleam.

How I envy those in the U.S. borders,
who can buy your satisfaction with but
a few quarters.

Your Canadian lover must make do,
and suffer silently while dreaming of you.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, heck, now I should send you a box of boxes of milk duds - they really are super inexpensive here; I had no idea they were the unobtainable delicacy of Canada!

Chrissy said...

Thanks Lori, but I think I'll survive. A co-worker suggested going to a U.S. Costco.