Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend Goodies...

We headed down to Granville Island this afternoon for a little shopping. I good friend of mine is selling olives at the market, and we had to stop by to check them out. They are phenomenal! They're stuffed with cheese, and they're super yummy.


We also headed to the Net Loft building on the island (I call it the "crafty area"). I've been wanting to check out Maiwa. It's a store with many many fibre dyes. They also have an online store. I found the staff to be really helpful. I've been wanting to try out some acid dyes, and they have a huge supply. They also have a lot of natural dyes, which I'd like to try next.

Here's my bag full of goodies---

Here are the goodies---


This is pretty much all I need to dye my own yarn. I'm really excited! I've got lots of colors, and I can't wait to start experimenting.

As far as knitting goes, here's what I've been working on---

I'm making this sock for myself for Socktober. I'm using a 2.5mm Addi Turbo, and doing the magic loop. It's a simple 2x2 rib. The yarn is from Sunshine Yarns, and is called Grasshopper. I've hardly had a chance to work on it, but it's still progressing a bit.

This is the sleeve for the Central Park Hoodie from the Fall 2006 KnitScene Magazine.

I decided to start with the sleeve, because it would be some nice quick progress, and it is! It's moving along very quickly. This has got to be the simplest pattern ever. Again, it's Cascade 220, with a 4mm needle for the ribbing, and a 5.5mm needle for the rest. I like it with the bigger needle size, because it makes it really soft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started with my sleeves, too. I finally finished those this weekend. I am still loving the color you chose. Very pretty!