Monday, November 06, 2006

Meet My New Hat...

A great yarn and a funky pattern really can turn a "non hat person" into someone who's excited about her pretty new hat!

While on our shopping trip to Washington, I remembered that I had seen a hat pattern that was a bit intriguing. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it. I only knew that I had the magazine the pattern was in at home. I knew it called for Lamb's Pride, but was it worsted or bulky? I gambled with the worsted, and thankfully I was right.

It may be hard to believe, but this is the first time I've ever used Lamb's Pride. I am in love! I'm already plotting my next trip down to the States to acquire more.


I guess you'd like to know about the hat?

The Pattern: The Spiral Hat from the Holiday Special 2006 Interweave Knits (but it didn't turn out dorky like theirs did).

The Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted in Pine Tree ( PS. Pine Tree is so my color). Less than one ball.

The Needles: 5mm throughout.

The Changes: I didn't use the contrasting color of yarn (sock yarn), and I didn't go up a needle size at any time.

The Time: I started fairly late Saturday night, and only spent about 30-45 minutes on it. Sunday, I spent most of the day on it, but was done before bedtime. It would have taken me significantly less time if I was using non-torturous needles. I have a set of 5mm Addi dpns, and they are 10 inches long, and weigh a ton. Must replace with Crystal Palace!!

The Outcome: I love it! It didn't turn out Beret like at all, but I think it looks great. It's much more like board gear. Love love love!!!

Maybe I am a hat person after all...

4 comments:

Julie said...

The hat is adorable and that color is perfect for you!

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat, and it matches your eyes!

knitfriendly said...

That is a great hat. I think I will be making one too! :)

tammy said...

Excellent hat! Isn't Brown Sheep nice? Love that stuff.