Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sweet Sweet Sock!

Like I said in my last post, I've been knitting again. I am so glad to be back! I really felt like something was missing when I wasn't knitting. I've missed knitting as well as blogging and reading others' blogs.

The first two things that are new around here are

1) It's been snowing.
And 2)

I have the flu. Which sucks big time. I'm missing those sick days I used to have with my old job. Although, even working with the flu at this job is still better than the last one.

On to what I'm actually wanting to blog about---

My in-laws have kindly lent me their awesome camera for the evening so I could get some good pictures of my current sock in progress. I think my camera needs replacing, since it takes about 15-20 shots to get a good one. This camera is amazing, and I think it's the one I'll buy to replace my old one.

So, without further delay, here's my sock in progress ---

I love the color of this yarn. It's funny, sometimes (actually usually), I love the look of the variegated yarn in the hank, but when I actually knit with it I don't like it as much. It's a totally different experience this time. This yarn looks just as awesome knit up!

It's Lorna's Laces in Sand Ridge. When I saw it in the yarn store I had to buy it. I just couldn't not buy it. My rule is that you should always buy yarn that you can't leave the store without. Always. No exclusions. Follow this rule. In fact, tell 'em Chrissy sent ya!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful socks! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love that Sand Ridge.

And yes. Must-have yarn must always go home with you. If it's not a rule, it should be.