Sunday, January 28, 2007

There's A Plan In Place...

In fact, we all have plans.

Redd's plan is to sit in a basket ---



The Cat's plan is to sit on the top of the couch---


Stu's Plan is to watch American Idol auditions on the internet---



And my plan?

My plan is to go back to school. The whole thing on Friday got me thinking, and I don't want to be an admin assistant. So, why continue on that path? There's been a 2 year program that I've been thinking about at Langara College. And I've been thinking about this program for years. It's the Library Technician program. I even know someone who's gone through it before. I'm going to try to get into it for the Fall session.

I feel a lot better now that there's a plan.


In a moment of weakness yesterday I started the Bubble Pullover from Knitting Nature. I've finished my first pentagon and I've already started on the second.


The Blue Sky Alpacas sweater is also coming along nicely. I've finished the front and back, and I've finished the ribbing and a bit on one of the sleeves.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason." We just do not know what the reason is, until after our world has been blown apart. You would probably have never made the PLAN if you did not have that raise fiasco! You go girl!! Just keep knitting along the way too.

Abigail said...

Plans are good.

In fact I think Redd's is good and yours is great. Will you still have to work whilst you go to school?

P.S. I wish I were Redd. A right smart puss:D

Anonymous said...

Hey, my mom was a librarian at Langara and taught in that program here and there. Small world.

Librarians are sexy.

Lyssa said...

It's good to have a plan. My plan includes going back to school too (I also have a bachelor's degree, but the work I'm doing isn't making me happy).

Julie said...

Don't wait too long to live your dream, because as cliche as it sounds, sometimes dreams can't become reality if we wait. And life is too short to stay in a crappy job, especially if they want you to pay for your education in order for you to advance. Boo hiss. So go for it, working in a library sounds like an ideal job at any time of the year.

Twisted Knitter said...

I second what Julie says!

Go for it -- once you have that moment of realizing you're meant for something else, it's time to make changes.