Sunday, February 04, 2007

Canon, How I Love Thee....

I'm pleased to report that you have suffered the last bad picture from me. And I am done taking 30-50 pictures to get one that is only alright.

My mom and I went out shopping this afternoon, and I got this---

Sweet sweet Canon PowerShot S3 IS. It's the same one that my in-laws have, and it takes beautiful beautiful pictures of everything, including yarn.

Here's the first thing I saw when I opened the box. I'll be getting acquainted with the manual tonight.

Here is the camera in all its beauty. I am so happy to have this. I've got so many pictures of in progress projects that I've been wanting to take, and now I don't have to worry about a bunch of crappy pictures.

I know there will only be awesome pictures from this point on. I also got a nice new fast speed 1GB memory card and a styling case. The case is big enough to fit extra lenses too. Isn't that cool! I can use different lenses!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the exact same model of camera and I just love it. I'm still getting to know it but it's miles ahead of my old camera in terms of performance and versatility. Trust me, you're going to love it.

Julie said...

Cool! I just got the same camera over the holidays! I'm still learning, but it's great!

Anonymous said...

From my google searches, it looks like there aren't any other lenses for that camera. If it's got a built-in lens, that's the only lens you can use. There may be some add-on converters (fisheye, macro) but that would be it.

On the other hand, buying a DSLR was nothing to the amount I've spent on lenses for it. I don't really recommend it unless you're a photography enthusiast.

Karen said...

What a great looking camera!! Congrats on your new purchase. :)