Friday, February 23, 2007

Monkeys? Finished!

But first, the cat. He just looked so comfy, I had to take a picture of him. He's on the cushion I've had since I was really young. It has sheep on it! I'll take a good picture of it sometime soon.


Now, on to what you're really here for--- A finshed pair o' Monkeys.


This pattern is great, and I love the yarn (except for the pooling I got on the first one). This yarn is kind of like Koigu, but it's significantly softer. All in all they were a quick knit.


The yarn was Sweet Georgia in After Glow. And of course the pattern was Monkey from Knitty.com.

I used 2.75 mm Crystal Palace bamboo needles.


I don't really know what more to say about these socks. I had fun knitting them, but I'm glad I'm done. At lease I have two finished projects for 2007.

I've got some Jitterbug that I picked up a couple of weeks ago at Urban Yarns. I think that I am going to be casting on with that next. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Heddy said...

LOVE! the colour, and the monkey pattern too ... I gotta try that one! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

I started Monkey on size 2 (2.75) needles and thought they looked awfully large.

I frogged out and started a different pattern. Maybe I should give Monkey another try.

I think I'll continue with my Dublin Bay and then Monkey. Your Monkey socks look WONDERFUL. I really like the color.

clothesknit said...

pretty pretty monkey socks!

AJ said...

Very pretty colors! :)

Anonymous said...

Great socks. Love the colour adn Ilove Sweet Georgia yarns. Jitterbug is fantastic to knit with too. I've done one pair so far but my sister nicked the mas soon as they were done. Should think of it as a compliment really but I really wanted them for myself.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, beautiful socks!

And oh. Kitty. <3

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Great job!