Thursday, February 08, 2007

This Is Why I Haven't Been Blogging...

I've been busy knitting a Jaywalker.

Now, I'm a fan of the school of thought that says there are a ton of awesome patterns out there, so why make the same thing twice, but Jaywalker is awesome, and this yarn wanted to be a pair of Jaywalkers.

It's not my fault. It was the yarn. How many times do we say that in a day, huh? Some may say too many.

Here's me working on it a few days ago---

Notice the pretty red couch. It's weird. Usually by this point in a project, I'm already looking forward to it being finished. This time, I'm just happy to keep on knitting.


I'm at the point now though that I need to start the heel, or I won't have enough yarn for the second sock.

See the little beaded stitch marker? It's one I got from Sunshine Yarns.

Here are the specs---

Needles: 4 2.75mm Crystal Palace needles. (God, I love these)
Yarn: Trekking XXL in color #133
Pattern: Jaywalker from Magknits.com

The reason I actually started these with this yarn was that I needed to work on something "happy", and this yarn with this pattern is a perfect fit. I started them right after my review at work. Oh, I have more on that, but it'll have to wait til later. We're going to look for a smaller fish tank tonight.

2 comments:

Wendy DG said...

I can't believe I have not knit the Jaywalkers yet. Yours are a real inspiration. Great spring colors!wk2719d

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love the Jaywalker pattern, too - but alas they do not fit my feet :o( They seem to swell up (invisibly) whenever a Jaywalker gets near them ;o)