Thursday, March 22, 2007

Behold...

A shade of blue with this much sheen is usually reserved for princesses in fairyland. I am fortunate enough to be able to experience this color in a yarn.

...but it's not just the color I love. It is also a pleasure to knit with. It's soft and forgiving. A joy!

It's Socks That Rock Lightweight in Blue Moonstone. *Love*


I've started the Waving Lace sock from Favorite Socks (it's the one on the cover). I found this book at a LYS last weekend. I'm not going to mention which one, because I got horrible service. I was pretty much called a liar for saying that Crystal Palace made 2.5mm (size 1.5US) dpns, and was told that if they did in fact exist, I should bring them in.


Am I the only one that has consistantly bad experiences at the yarn stores? I get way better service online, and I don't have to drive around in the rain, and find/pay for parking. Anyway, that's enough of that.

So, I'm knitting this sock on 2.5mm dpns from Crystal Palace. I found this size at Urban Yarns. I'm doing the scalloped top. This is my first time doing a cuff like this, and I'm loving it.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Ooooh...I just ordered some Blue Moonstone and I can't wait to get my hands on it! It looks lovely in that pattern, too. Sorry about your bad lys experience - that stinks :(

Midnight Purls said...

I love that yarn! I'm using it for a pair of river rapid socks. I'm seriously contemplating ordering more in that colorway! It sure does knit up beautifully doesn't it?

knitfriendly said...

I love that color! Great job on your cuff. :) I would like to find some 1.5 Crystal Palace dpns. I LOVE working with rosewood needles. Such a treat. :)

tiennie said...

Love that color!!! I'm going to have to get some too.

JessaLu said...

What a pretty color!

Theresa said...

That's lovely! I just got my copy in the mail today, and I can't wait to get started!

elan said...

I stayed away from a LYS for a year because of a similar experience with a large needle size & only went back when I read in a new letter that they'd had major staff changes. I regretted not letting the owner know so the changes could have happened sooner.

Kat said...

Love the yarn! I may have to get some of this!

Dotty said...

I love that colour of STR. I wish it was available locally.

Too bad about your lys experience. I've never had any problems at Three Bags Full (on Main St). The gals there are very helpful.

trek said...

Hey I have a hank of that yarn - looks great knitted up!