Friday, March 30, 2007

Favorite Yarn? Least Favorite?

This is for the first SP contest for the people in my group ---

I stumble when asked what my favorite yarn is. I mean, I enjoy working with many different yarns, but a favorite? I just don't know. I know for sure that it's a sock yarn. Or is it?

Ok, for the sake of argument, let's say it's a sock yarn. I think I'd have to say Socks That Rock. Now I feel like such a follower. I tried it because of the hype, but what really made me like it was the way it behaved when I knit with it. It just felt so creamy and behaved so well when I formed the stitches. I didn't find it to be splitty at all. And who could neglect to mention the colors! There are so many and they are so beautiful!

I don't really have a least favorite sock yarn to knit with. I don't like all sock yarns or anything, but I just don't have one that I really don't like. They all have a place and time.

As for other yarns that I don't like--- To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Sea Silk. It doesn't grow very much when blocking (which it disappointing when knitting lace), and the low tide smell is less than pleasant. For that price, I expect perfection, dammit!

This probably isn't fair to blame the yarn, but Trekking has irritated me a little bit. But I still like it. One of my Trekking Jaywalkers ended up going through the wash and dryer, and came out with a huge hole in it. This is not the yarn's fault, but I'm still a little bitter.

This probably won't come as a surprise to anyone, but Noro really bugs me. Knots and twigs, and $25? No thanks! I find the colors pretty, but all the other stuff makes me feel like I got ripped off.

No comments: