Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Trip To The Creativity Mecca...

We went for a nice family lunch in Sidney at my Aunty Kathy & Uncle Pete's house for Easter. (I stupidly left my camera in the car!). We had a great time catching up with everyone and it brought back memories of my childhood Easters.

We even went on an Easter egg hunt! That was so much fun! Easter gets a little weird once everyone's grown up, so it's really nice to keep the kid traditions alive.

Anyway, the reason I refer to this house as the creativity mecca, is that I've always considered my Aunty Kathy to be the crafting Queen. The house just has this creative vibe in it. The handcrafted is everywhere - From the beautiful quilts displayed over the wooden railing to my Uncle Pete's wooden handcrafted giraffes. My Aunty Kathy doesn't knit, but I am greatly inspired by all that she creates.

And in new knitter news, my cousin is knitting! And she wants to make socks!


The shawl is getting closer to being done. I'm almost finished the 3rd hank of Koigu. I keep thinking that I'll just do one more round, but I can't stop. I have a feeling I'll use close to all five hanks. It's getting pretty huge. Keep in mind that this picture is taken on one of my 2' foam pieces.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Chrissy. Just found your blog after you added me as a flickr friend. You have some great knits! And your grey tabby looks like our big boy, Oscar. Happy Easter and happy knitting!

Kat said...

Sounds like a fab easter,and looks like you will have a FO!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is looking great!!

Christie said...

Wow, look at that! Getting close to the finish line! Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is your Knitters' Treat Exchange treater again. You'll be receiving your treat maybe sooner than we both expected! i'm just waiting on one component, and then I'll ship it out to you. It may take a week to get there, but I believe you should have a lovely box in your hands within two weeks. stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

That shawl is looking good - I love the smooshy egg-carton texture before it's blocked! I'm considering making one of these myself...