Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Faux Roza's Sock...

I haven't gotten to work on these socks as much as I've wanted to in the last week, but they're still going quickly. Has anyone else noticed that Socks That Rock seem to knit up really fast? Even in the lightweight. Maybe I'm just getting faster.

There is something about this colorway that is just perfect for a 3x3 rib. It is Socks That Rock in Fire On The Mountain in lightweight. I'm using 2.5mm needles (1.5US), and this seems to be the perfect size for me.

I call this the Faux Roza's Sock because it's just a 3x3 rib, but you can't tell that it isn't the brioche stitch, since the yarn is so loud. Believe me, there is about 2 inches of brioche stitch on the leg and you really can't see it.
I don't know why but I'm loving the STR with a patterned leg and the plain foot. I think that it's nice to have a mindless stockinette interlude before starting the second leg portion.


I've made myself a deal. I will allow myself some of the new Socks That Rock colorways, but I have to knit at least half of my STR stash first. It'll be a while, because I've got 7 skeins, and I've only knit through one and a half so far. I wonder what life would be like if I wasn't addicted to sock knitting? I don't want to find out!!

10 comments:

Dave said...

I'm liking how the colours are playing with that stitch pattern. Sometimes simplest is best. :-)

Nadia said...

I love the big colour!

Christie said...

Crazy colors! Love it.

Andrea said...

How sad life would be without a sock yarn stash.

Nice sock! Love the colour.

Anonymous said...

Love those socks Chrissy! It's good to know that I'm not the only one with an obsession.

Julie said...

Ooh! What a fun colorway! I love seeing how the different STR's knit up!

Anonymous said...

Love the socks - makes me want to go cast on for a pair!

Theresa said...

I love that colorway. I suspect that it knits faster because it's so much fun!

Charity said...

I love the way this looks in this colourway! I haven't tried STR yet, but it sounds amazing! :0) I totally know what you mean, though, with the plain foot and patterned leg.

Anonymous said...

Love the colorful sock!