Thursday, May 10, 2007

Playing With Fabric: Part Deux...

I enjoyed making the little iPod cover/change purse (still undecided), that I thought I'd make another sock knitting project bag.
I'm so glad I've actually learned how to line something. This bag is so me. And so spring. It's just one of those combos that instantly makes you happy.

I thought that some pretty pink ribbon would finish this tote off nicely. I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I also am totally in love with the turned over top. It adds that bit of extra girliness that I love.
It's funny, when I made the unlined ones a couple of months ago, I only ever finished two, and I gave both of them away. Luckily, I still had the awesome original that Julie made me in the Knit Sock Kit Swap last year. I still love that original one. I don't know what I'd do without it. It is nice to have an extra one though.

12 comments:

Theresa said...

I know - I love mine! Thanks. And glad you have one for yourself now.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the fabric that you chose for this one!

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading from the past week or so - your sockage looks fantastic! Love the iPod cover and the sock bag...

...which reminds me, I need to post the pictures I took of the bag I won from you - sorry about that...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Spring bag. Looks like you'll have lots of uses for it.

Nadia said...

Love the pink and green! Spring in Vancouver is making everything look so green and alive and I guess this is seeping into everyone's crafts.

Robin said...

cute! the pink ribbon really finishes it off.

JenniferB said...

Chrissy, you've been tagged! Visit my blog for details...

Anonymous said...

OI Chris.

Adorei o seu blog.Sou brasileira e infelizmente não seu escrever em inglês(espero que vc ou alguém ai saiba portugues..risos)adorei as suas meias,e gostaria da receita,só que em portugues,difícil.Tudo bem,vc está de parabéns.
Beijos.
Ana Lu
Hexe_Blatt@msn.com

clothesknit said...

I love the bag! And you're right, those colors definitely scream SPRING!!!

Julie said...

How cute is that?!

Carrie said...

Super cute!

Ann said...

That's a very nice tote bag - it will be great for carrying your socks knitting with you. It's so great to be able to sew (which I can't). Thanks for your lovely comments on my socks.