Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Quick and Easy Baby Hat

Edited to add: I added a few more Sweet Georgia Yarns for sale on ebay. Just search Sweet Georgia and click on crafts, and you'll find my listings. Everything will be in the mail as soon as it's paid for.


A friend of my brother's is expecting, and he asked me if I could make a hat or something. Now usually I don't take knitting requests, but seeing that he never asks me for anything, and I needed a quick project to get me back on track, I obliged.


I basically made up the pattern as I went. Here it is for anyone interested:


Very Easy Baby Hat Pattern---

With worsted weight yarn (I used Bernat Satin in Bahamas) and 4.5 mm needles, cast on 64 and begin working in the round. I used the magic loop technique.


Knit in the round until work measures 5.5-6".
Next round: *k6, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k5, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k4, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k3, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k2, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k1, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k2tog, k2tog* repeat.
Next round: *k1, k2tog, k1*

Use the remaining stitches to do i cord for the desired length. I did about 3.5-4".

To finish: cut the yarn and run the tail through the remaining i cord stitches. Weave in ends.

8 comments:

JenW!~ said...

Love the colors. Perfect for babies.

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat! I'll have to bookmark it so that I can knit it for a baby gift for someone.

lexa said...

What I cute little hat! I think I'll make one for my neice/nephew that's arriving in November. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! What a lucky baby!

Anonymous said...

h so cute - love the top!

Anonymous said...

hello . . . i'm your sockapalooza pal, and i've just bought the yarn for your socks! i really hope you'll like 'em. Can't wait to get started this weekend! And I've been enjoying following your blog, too. Looking forward to officially introducing myself in a couple of months. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I feel you on the quick project thing.

Anonymous said...

Cute!