Sunday, July 08, 2007

Christmas In July! And Booties!

I had an awesomely relaxing day yesterday where I did very little. I sat on the deck with a bowl of cherries and an iPod full of knitting podcasts. By midday it had clouded over a bit, so it wasn't even in direct sun. Here's my great little spot---I don't know why, but my first thought upon awakening this morning was of Christmas. Oddly enough, it was about Christmas knitting.

I was not going to do any Christmas knitting this year, because it always ends up being a huge stressful panic in December.

Unfortunately, I think I'll be putting myself through the Christmas knitting torture again this year, because there are a few gifts that I would really like to knit. I'm going to attempt to be well prepared and start on my Christmas knitting really early.

No laughing, but I'd also really like to knit Redd a sweater. Hey, he gets cold.

Anyhoo... I made a pair of Saartje's Booties on Friday night after work. They turned out super cute, but I've yet to find buttons that are suitable.

I figure that since every time I turn around another person I know is expecting, it would be wise to have a pair of booties on hand.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about holiday knitting - none of it for me this year!!! Being up til 3 am on Christmas eve sewing seams like a madwoman was not fun.

Anonymous said...

I really like the buttons on those booties. They are precious!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pair of booties. I love that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Those booties are adorable! It's smart to have baby gifts ready ahead of time. I should try that myself. :)

Anonymous said...

What adorable booties! Anyone would be lucky to receive them!

Anonymous said...

Those booties are adorable! With the buttons they look like little creatures! LOL!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! two babies have been born into my life (via friends!) in the past week, with another yet to come this summer, and another couple in the winter. These are perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Ilix said...

Awesome! way to plan ahead! I am so doing the same thing with a baby blanket or two! Booties would be way faster, but I just love the idea of wraping some little precious body in a handknit!
I do love those booties!

Anonymous said...

I MUST make those - they are adorable!