Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Cable & Rib Sock

I told you that Favorite Socks got a pretty good workout over my trip. I finished the first sock of this pair in the car on the way home.

It's the Cable & Rib Sock from Favorite Socks. If you don't have this book already, run to your book store and get it. It's totally worth having.

I used the Yarn Pirate Superwash in Malamute. This yarn is delightful! It looks really lightweight in the skein, but when I knit with it it puffed up, and didn't seem to light at all. It makes a really nice drapey fabric, that is heaven to wear.

I used 2.5mm Crystal Palace double pointed needles.

I really only started wanting Yarn Pirate yarn after I saw Baseball Knitter's Cable Rib Socks in the same colorway. I'd say it's worth stalking various sites to pick up a skein of this.

It is soft and squishy when knit up. This yarn is heavenly!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I love the stripe action!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I love this book and have knit 8 pairs of socks from it. Still have a lot more patterns to go - like these fabulous socks you've just finished!

Ann said...

The socks look great. Agree with you that Fav Socks is a great book - knitting the Mock Wave Cable socks now.

Anonymous said...

Very cute sock! I have the book, but haven't knit anything from it -need to finish up everything I already have going before I start something new, but there are several patterns I want to make.

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! Don't you love the Yarn Pirate's colorways. :-D

lexa said...

Great socks! Love that colorway. :)