Sunday, August 05, 2007

Part 1: What Podcasts Would I Take To A Deserted Island?

More accurately--- What podcasts did I take to a deserted island?

For the sake of not making a monster post, I've decided to divide up the deserted island post. Part 2 will be all about the yarn and patterns.I had just cleared out all of my old podcasts, so I didn't actually have that many with me. I did have all of the episodes of two different knitting podcasts that I hadn't listened to before.

The first is Sticks & String. I had downloaded this one a while ago, and had been downloading all of the new episodes, but had never listened to it. As soon as I started listening to it I began kicking myself for waiting so long. It was great! So organized and professionally done. David does an amazing job, and sets a great example for other knitters.

I actually listened to all 30 episodes over the few days while I was by myself at the island, and it actually felt like I had been taking my vacation with the podcast's host, David Reidy.I would highly recommend downloading this podcast if you haven't already.The second podcast I discovered is Knitters Uncensored. I think this one is one that grows on you, because when I started listening to the first one it kinda made me roll my eyes a little. They don't really end up sticking to the knitting all the time, there seems to be a fair bit of drinking, and the organization leaves something to be desired, but for some reason, I ended up liking this one.

They make you feel like you're at a small party with a couple of friends. I ended up speaking to the cats in a German accent for the rest of the day after listening to a few of these podcasts.

I think that this one has definite potential, so don't give up on listening after the first one. I just downloaded the fifth episode and I really can't wait to listen.I also did a bit of listening to podcasts I normally listen to, including Stash & Burn, and the Knitpicks podcast (this one is really great, except for that irritating dog bark at the end of each one. I'm not sure why she makes the whole thing so peaceful just to have that bark snap you back to reality in the end).

I hope I've helped you discover a few new podcasts, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Come back tomorrow to find out which yarns and patterns came with me for my trip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Stash & Burn, Sticks & String, Craftlit, and Cast On. I've only listened to 1 of the Knitters Uncensored but will give it another try since you say it's worth it.

Ann said...

I also enjoyed listening to David of Sticks & Strings & it's the best so far for me. Welcome back.

Theresa said...

Sounds delightful. I love Stash and Burn. Got to catch up on the last couple of episodes . . .

Anonymous said...

your socks went on their journey on Saturday -- it's a bit of a trip, so it may take a week or so for you to get them. But I am crossing my fingers that they work out for you! The stripey pink vacation socks are gorgeous. Welcome back from your fantastic getaway!

knitfriendly said...

Thanks for the recs! I listen to Stash and Burn and Cast on but have stopped listening to many others. I will try the ones that you mentioned. Your vacation spot looks heavenly!

bockstark.knits said...

Haha, I just saw this post. Yes, you are right, there was a fair bit of drinking going on in the earlier episodes, mostly because we were so nervous. We've gotten our s**t together recently and have gotten into the swing of things and I think the episodes are getting better. We still do have a few, but not as much as before, just to loosen us up, ya know? Thanks for sticking with us though, we really appreciate it!