Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend Update...

I've been busily working away on the second Uptown Boot Sock. It's coming along nicely, but I'm still not sure if I'll have enough yarn. I think I will, but it'll be close.

I didn't end up going to the Knit Out in Stanley Park yesterday. I think that my week caught up with me and I had absolutely no energy. My week last week was both extremely busy and stressful. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't have anything that I absolutely *had* to do.

I've realized that the thought of going back to school terrifies me. So you can imagine how I'm feeling now that it's reality. And taking business/finance/economics courses (which are all totally outside of my comfort zone), makes me want to scream and run away.

I'm trying to think of it as a good challenge though, like a new knitting technique that seemed too difficult at the start, but that ended up being achievable in the end. Jeez, if I didn't knit I don't think I'd be able to go back to school.

I've got two of the courses I want, and I'm 9th place on the waiting list for 2 more (I'm trying to pick up one more).

3 comments:

Karen said...

Don't worry, you are going to do just fine in school. And you'll be so glad you went. It was a great idea to think of it as a knitting challenge - you can do them both.

PS: I started knitting your Pillar socks a few days ago. I'm loving the pattern!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! At 46 I am back in Grad School for an English degreet taking Shakespeare etc. I teach 7th greaders but the state says I have to get a Master's in English.....I was very scared the first class I took but I looked at it as a challenge and a quest to be able to communicate with people that know the stuff I have never read or learned about!

Your knitting will be a haven from the stress of school.......

YOU CAN DO IT! and do it now!!

Christie said...

You can do it! There will probably be a little bit of an adjustment period, but keep your cool and you'll be in the swing of things sooner than you anticipate. Keep knitting to keep the stress down, but don't use it as an excuse not to study!