Join me today as I give thanks for...
- A husband that I love, and who loves me back as much as I love him.
- Two of the best kitty cats in the entire world. They have made my life so much richer, and I could not imagine life without them.
- A family who is always there for me, and who I can sit around with all afternoon chatting and drinking coffee.
- In-laws who are generous and always welcoming.
- That I have two families who want to spend Thanksgiving with me.
- The fact that the yarn is plentiful and gorgeous.
- Finding an online knitting community that kind and encouraging.
- The last year of my life; I have had one of the best years so far, and I attribute it to the above.
What are you thankful for?
I have also chosen this weekend as my personal kick off Socktober. I haven't been knitting many socks lately, and as incentive to get Socktober off with a bang, I wanted to use a yarn that spoke to the time of year.
I went out yesterday and found one. It's by Fleece Artist, and it's called SoMoKo in the Jester colorway. It's a fairly new yarn from them, and is comprised of 65% Merino, 20% Kid, 10% Nylon, and 5% Silk. It is a really interesting yarn to knit with. It has that slight scratchiness of the kid mohair, but the shine of silk and nylon, as well as the softness of merino. It's a neat yarn to knit with. To me, the feel screams fall, which complements the color nicely.
P.S. The all of the pictures are of that one skein of yarn.