I actually finished it mid-week last week, but didn't get it blocked or put the buttons on until this weekend.Unfortunately, the only picture that shows the whole sweater while I wear it is very poor quality. (I snapped this on my way out the door yesterday. For some reason, all the rooms with mirrors are on the dark side). You at least get the gist of how it hangs ---
Of course I had to get a close up of the shoulder seam since I used the new technique of sewing up the seams and then attaching the sleeve to the body. I'm still very happy with the results. I've been going around telling everyone to look at my shoulder seams!
Now, my buttons are not placed evenly, but i think it makes it look very funky. The funny thing about these buttons is that I actually bought them about 3 years ago from Fabricana in Richmond. I dragged Stu and Martin in there with me to find buttons for my first cardigan (it was a disaster, knit out of cotton before I knew how cotton behaved). I think they go perfectly with this jacket, so I just cut the buttons right off my old cardigan.
There is only one thing I would do differently if I was making this jacket again. I would add an inch or an inch and a half to the sleeves. I like my sleeves long, and I found myself tugging on them yesterday while wearing the jacket out and about. Here's one with the cuff detail---
And here we have an oh-so-flattering torso shot. This one was more to show how the color worked out.
Pattern: Drops Jacket (No. 103-1.
Yarn: 7 skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in Forest. I used only about 20 yards ( maybe less) of the 7th skein.
Needles: One 32" 5mm Addi Turbo circular needle.
*Remember, delurking is delightful!