Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Finished Pair for February...

I finished the Austermann Step socks last weekend, but then promptly forgot about them.  It was only this morning that I realized that I had not documented their finishing here, and I had to wait until I got home to get a picture.

Let me tell you, a ball of Austermann Step goes a long way!  I had about half the ball left when I finished these.

I love this yarn.  It is so soft.  Slightly splitty, but totally worth it.  

Yarn: Austermann Step in color #21 purchased from Twisted in Portland on our trip at the beginning of this year.

Pattern:  No pattern (I made it up as I went).  Toe up with short row toes and heels.

Needles: Inox 6" 2.5mm dpns.



I spent the day at a WCB (Worker's Compensation Board) seminar, which covered WCB, Employment Standards, and Canada Revenue Agency info.  I feel like my brain has been shoved full of information.  

If your looking for me, I'm the one with the glazed over look in my eyes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the socks. So simple but beautiful.

knitting elephant said...

I really love those colors... I may just have to buy myself a ball of the yarn and copycat you, ok?! :-)

Christie said...

Pretty! I like the striping action.

lexa said...

One of the ladies at work had two pairs of socks knit for her out of that colorway. The lady who did them had to do the toes of the second pair a different color. Austermann washes and wears really well. I find my two pairs really comfy.