Sunday, April 20, 2008

Knitting At The Speed of Light...

...Or darn close to it!  

I finished sock one of the pair of socks I started yesterday.  I only cast on late yesterday afternoon, so I think this makes this one of the fastest socks I've ever knit.  It helps when I have amazing yarn to knit with.


Garter Rib motif from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch


I've already cast on for the second one, and I'm done a few of the cuff rows.  I'm going to see how far I'll get with it tonight.  

Sock #1 in Dream In Color Smooshy - Nightwatch

As I wrote yesterday, I was using this sock to try out a new way of working my wrapped stitches, and the new technique worked!

I double wrapped each side heel stitch and then used Cat Bordhi's technique.  She is truly brilliant!  

My other alteration, using 60% of the stitches for the heel to make it cup my heel better worked like a charm!  It fits as perfectly as any heel flap sock would.  

I think I am now an official short row convert.  

4 comments:

Abigail said...

Yeah for you. I love the pretty socks.

Anonymous said...

I love garter rib! Yours are very pretty. :)

Ann said...

The socks look great & thanks for the link.

lexa said...

Very nice! Love the color. I have never knit a short row heel that I am truly happy with. Guess I will have to try that technique.