Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Never-Ending Sock Project...

I call these socks my travelling sock project, and by that I mean that when I go out they come with me.

I know some people think I work on them, but as you can see from my progress that is not a correct assumption.

Remember back a few months when I took part in the Apres Christmas Sock Swap? No? I didn't think so. Anyway, here are the socks I made for my pal (for those who don't remember).
They are the Diagonal Cross Rib socks from Favorite Socks.


I knit the pair for my pal out of Dream In Color Smooshy and I liked the pattern and yarn so much that I decided to make a pair for myself.

I foolishly made them much taller than I normally do, and then I got distracted by spinning and knitting a sweater, so as you can imagine, these socks have been slow going.

I have decided that I am ready for them to be off my needles, so I am going to make an effort to actually work on them when I take them with me. I will remember that they are not a companion, but a pair of socks that should be worked on.


Don't get me wrong -- I really like knitting them. The pattern is easy to memorize but is interesting enough not to be boring.

It is my goal to make these socks my April Sock-a-Month KAL socks, which means I will be finished them by the end of April.

I think I can do it!

3 comments:

knitography said...

Those are nice! I love Dream in Color - I'm on a mission to make myself a pair of socks out of every colour they make.

Clementine said...

So beautiful! I just stumbled upon your blog. I've had a few "traveling companion" projects myself haha. Those socks really are gorgeous.

knitting elephant said...

Ahh.. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who basically carries an extra item around with no progress! :-) They're gorgeous, though-can't wait to see the pair together!