Monday, April 07, 2008

Pink...

My house has definitely been filled with lots of color since I started spinning.

I wanted to share some pictures of my first attempt at 3-ply sock yarn after setting the twist and everything.



I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't been brave enough to cast on for a pair of socks out of this yet. I will do it when the time is right.

I did start spinning some more Yummy Yarn roving for some 2-ply sock yarn. I'm going to ply it tightly for some added strength. I'm about half way through spinning the singles so far, and will share some pictures of it with you as soon as I can.



Once I finish spinning the sock fiber I've already started, I think I'm going to take a little break from spinning for a couple of weeks (we'll see if that works. It's like saying your going to take a break from air!).

You see, I have good reason to take a break. My birthday is coming up at the end of April (the big 2-5! Ha!), and I already know what Stu is getting me. He's already ordered it.

I'll give you a hint --- It takes several weeks to make, starts with "W", and attaches to my spinning wheel. Most spinners will know what it is, but if you don't, I will tell you when I get it.

Tomorrow I'll show you what I am doing in lieu of spinning. I really want to take a few pictures of the project before I start talking about it, but I will tell you that it's good.

In fact, I'm debating whether I should head home right after work to work on it or if I should go to Point Roberts to pick up my new Elizabeth Zimmermann Knitting Workshop DVD (I finally got arrival confirmation on Saturday evening after the post office closed, and they are closed on Sundays too, so this is my first chance to pick it up).

Have a good Monday --- I hope it's not as rainy where you are as it is in Vancouver. I just keep muttering something about April showers and May flowers.

4 comments:

Chrispy said...

The end of April seems to be a common birthday week in my mind but then I know 6 people in my small family alone who share that week.

Enjoy your Woolie item. ;) That is sweet of him to get it for you.

My wish for my birthday was a fully functional website with a pattern to sale. It is getting closer to coming true but man it is alot of work for me to do for my birthday.

Brenda said...

Wow Chrissy, I'm SO impressed with how well you are doing with your spinning, you are a natural! I hope I can get yarn that looks even half as nice as that soon.

lexa said...

Very pretty yarn! I love pink and green together.

Anonymous said...

oooh I know what you're getting and it'll change your life! ;o)

Beautiful spinning!