Thursday, May 01, 2008

Hanami Continues...

Hanami is officially too big to take decent in-progress pictures. Nevertheless, I wanted to show you my progress, so here it is---


Click picture to make bigger.

As with all lace, it doesn't look very good pre-blocking, but I think it's going to be great once it's blocked.

Here's a closer look at the blossom part of the shawl ----


Click picture to make bigger.

I have now finished Chart D. I didn't manage to get anything done on it last night, because I was out getting my hair done. My appointment was at 4:30 and I didn't get home until 8! It was totally worth it though. It had been 7 months since my last haircut.

I'm going to start working on Hanami as soon as I get home tonight (no plans after work=lots of knitting time). Hopefully I will be able to get Chart E done. Hopefully.

To be totally honest, I'm ready for this project to be done. I enjoy knitting it, and I am pleased with the results, but I am ready to move on and do something else, so I'm going to make a real push to get this done by the end of the weekend.

I hope to be back with pictures of Chart E tomorrow!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

lexa said...

Hanami is gorgeous! I can see you being anxious to have it finished, though. It's a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful progress!

Lori said...

It's beautiful!

Can we see your hair too? :)

Abigail said...

I agree it is gorgeous!

Now show us pictures of your new haircut, pretty lady:D