Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lactation Cookies...

I decided to make some lactation cookies today. Not that I really need them, but I thought it would be a good excuse to make and eat some cookies. I adapted this recipe to my own liking.


The first batch is out of the oven, and they're good. I'd make them again.

Recipe: 

1 cup unsalted butter
3 tbsp almond butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

6 tbsp water
3 tbsp ground flax

2 cups all purpose flour  (I usually do 50% white flour and 50% whole wheat when I make cookies - will do this next time)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt

4 tablespoons brewers yeast

1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees (f).  Mix water and flax in separate bowl, set aside.  Using a mixer, cream butter and almond butter with brown sugar, beat in eggs, add vanilla extract.  Add in flax mixture.  Add remaining ingredients. Bake for 15 minutes.  Makes approximately 60 cookies, depending on the size of your scoops.

No comments: