I picked up the yarn for this project on Sunday, since my LYS was having a belated Boxing Day sale.
I cast on on Monday night, and have spent quite a bit of time on it since then. I cast off the last edging stitch last night just before I went to bed.
First thing this morning the throw had a nice lukewarm bath in Aquae scented SOAK, and is currently pinned out on those foam puzzle pieces.
Here it is before its bath ----
Started: January 7, 2008. Finished: January 10, 2008.
Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket modified by Brooklyntweed.
Yarn: Cascade Ecological Wool. Color number 8085.
Needles: 32" 7mm Addi Turbo Circular.
Modifications: I knit to row 50 of the chart, instead of row 55. I figured that 5 rows wouldn't make much of a difference, and I was right. I also did a bit of a different bind off. of starting the bind off repeat with a k2tog, I used a skpo. So my last row looked like K1, *SKPO, O, k2tog, etc. This made sure there were no lumps and bumps that didn't look pretty.
Notes: I used the Magic Loop until the piece was long enough to not Magic Loop anymore. There is a mistake in Row 35 (I found the fix on the Yahoo Group for the Hemlock Ring KAL).
I'm glad I made this, because it's really cute and really didn't take me all that long, but I don't see myself knitting it again. It was a pain in the butt to have the rounds be so long, and it was getting a bit tedious with the long repeats.