Friday, January 11, 2008

Finished Hemlock Ring Blanket...

It's finished, and ya'll didn't even know I started it!  


I picked up the yarn for this project on Sunday, since my LYS was having a belated Boxing Day sale.  

I cast on on Monday night, and have spent quite a bit of time on it since then.  I cast off the last edging stitch last night just before I went to bed.  

First thing this morning the throw had a nice lukewarm bath in Aquae scented SOAK, and is currently pinned out on those foam puzzle pieces.  

Here it is before its bath ----

Specs:

Started: January 7, 2008.  Finished: January 10, 2008.
Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket modified by Brooklyntweed.

Yarn: Cascade Ecological Wool.  Color number 8085.

Needles: 32" 7mm Addi Turbo Circular.

Modifications:  I knit to row 50 of the chart, instead of row 55.  I figured that 5 rows wouldn't make much of a difference, and I was right.  I also did a bit of a different bind off.  of starting the bind off repeat with a k2tog, I used a skpo.  So my last row looked like K1, *SKPO, O, k2tog, etc.  This made sure there were no lumps and bumps that didn't look pretty.


Notes:  I used the Magic Loop until the piece was long enough to not Magic Loop anymore. There is a mistake in Row 35 (I found the fix on the Yahoo Group for the Hemlock Ring KAL).

I'm glad I made this, because it's really cute and really didn't take me all that long, but I don't see myself knitting it again.  It was a pain in the butt to have the rounds be so long, and it was getting a bit tedious with the long repeats.  

9 comments:

Karen said...

I've been seeing those all over the place, and they are beautiful. You really cranked it out quickly too. It's stunning!!!

lexa said...

It's very pretty! You sure knit that fast!

Christie said...

So pretty! Great job! It only took you 3 days? WOW!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :o)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! And only three days? That is not as much of a time commitment as I thought - makes me less afraid to start my own!

Jewels said...

Wow - absolutely gorgeous! And you made it so quickly.

Ann said...

The blanket is gorgeous & you knitted it in 3 days - that's amazing! Great job.

Andrea said...

That's so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hemlock blanket! It really knits up fast too.