Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionairre...

I've bit the bullet, and decided to sign up again.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don't like acrylic. And I think I'm Koigu'd out. I don't like Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. I prefer natural fibres, but blends are good too. There are so many favorites. I like sock yarns of all sorts, including bamboo blends, merino, etc. Any thing super soft is great!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Some end up in my Lantern Moon silk needle case, the rest end up in a cup beside my phone.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned when I was about five, but didn't start completing stuff until about 5 years ago, ish. I'd consider myself advanced. That being said, just because I *can* do it, doesn't mean I should do it :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do now. It's an Amazon wishlist under my email address --- cforge [at] shaw [dot] ca

5. What's your favorite scent?

Rose, vanilla, icing.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I love Milk Duds. Doughnuts...mmmmm

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I have spun, but I don't enjoy it. I know, people think I'm crazy, it's just not my thing. I do like to dye sock yarn, even though I don't get a chance to very often. I really like taking pictures of yarn, does that count?

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Honestly, I like pretty much anything. And I am MP3 equipt.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like vivid colors, muted colors, pastels, multicolors. I loves me variegated.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my Hubby (Stu), 1 grey tabby (The Cat), 1 orange tabby (Redd), several fish (nameless).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves, but I hate to knit them, sometimes I wear hats, rarely to never mittens & ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks, sweaters, dishcloths. Mostly socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?

The second Monkey sock, a pink baby alpaca sweater (sooo close to being done!), the Bubble pullover from Knitting Nature.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I'm not insane! Of course I do! Handmade gifts are the best!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circs (I love my Addis!). I don't use plain straight needles for anything. For socks, when I'm not magic looping, I use Crystal Palace Bamboo needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I own both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Not that old. I'm thinking a couple of months.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Other than yarn? Knitting books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

The new Handknit Socks book from Interweave, More Sensational Knitted socks (can't wait for this one to come out), Socks That Rock, Regia Silk, Opal 6ply in one of the rainforest colors (flamingo is pretty, but who am I kidding, they're all pretty!)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to try 2 socks on 2 circs. I'd like to try needle felting ( I saw the cutest needle felted beads).

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yea. Size 7.5 US foot. I fit a standard ladies pattern. I think my foot is 9.25" long.

23. When is your birthday?

April 27th (turning the big two-four this year!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - these questionaires are always so interesting to read through! And yay for Milk Duds! ;)