Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Blocking My Cardigan


I finished the cardigan while on vacation, and just finished weaving in the ends today. I got home, and began my first attempt EVER at blocking a piece of knitting. I had my handy Stitch 'N Bitch book to guide me through the process. It was really helpful, and I don't know if I could have done it without it.


I didn't really think things through though, since once you lay it out, it's supposed to be left alone to dry for 24 hrs. Silly me, I decided to put it on my bed. It's gonna have to be moved pretty soon.

Every time I walk into my bedroom, I have this feeling that the cat is going to be sleeping on it! He hasn't yet, but he likes doing that sort of thing.

More about the cat's first trip to the island tomorrow. I'm just too tired to do it justice tonight. I think a cuppa tea is in order for now.

No comments: