Saturday, August 06, 2005

Painting Til Midnight

Stu and I were helping paint our friend Carol's new apartment until about midnight last night. It was lots of fun, but we're a little tired today. Still thinking of going to help out again today, though. It was nice to see the bright orange covered by primer, not to mention the cover-up of the salmon pink bathroom. I'm actually surprisingly good with a roller, and I even enjoy it!!

I made a blackberry pie for Stu's Uncle Alex's birthday dinner. Freshly picked blackberries from the Fraser River Park. This year is the first year I have been able to make good pies, and I'm told that I should continue to make them.

I didn't get much knitting done yesterday, with all the excitement, and I don't think I'll get much done today...I really want to finish my purple cardigan soon, since I've already picked up the yarn for my next project. I am going to do a baby hat in yellow merino wool for my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting in December. I'm going to use 2.5mm circular needles, and I have to admit, they are the cutest little needles I have ever seen. It's kinda funny, with all the things that are drastically wrong with my life, the thing I wish for most often is being able to knit really really fast. Funny, huh?

So, around 1am this morning, I started on the second to last play I have to read for a modern Canadian theatre class I am taking, and I write the exam on the 15th of August. I got up this morning and have already finished it!! So that means I don't have to do any more school today, unless I want to. Maybe some painting, maybe some knitting, sounds like a pretty good Saturday. I may even spend some time with Stu, if I can ever get him to leave his online pool games!

No comments: