Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Knew This Would Happen

Well, I was right, I did get distracted from the baby blanket! Instead, I've been working on the cashmere hat, which has been a pain in the a**. The pattern is easy, it's just a k2 p2 rib for 9 inches, but the yarn, oh the yarn, is totally tangled, and it seems to be tangling for no reason. Stu worked tirelessly on Sunday night untangling it. He did it, because I have no patience for unreasonable tangles.

I remember getting a round brush stuck in my hair when I was about 6 years old, we were in the car in California ( I think it was one of our Disneyland trips). Anyway, my solutions were to either pull the brush as hard as I could and either rip the hair out of the brush, or rip it out of my head. I didn't care as long as the brush was no longer stuck to me! My mom had to talk me out of my plan, then untangle the brush from my hair herself.

But I digress.... So after all Stu's hard work, we finally got it into ball form, and I figured that everything would go smoothly from now on. Boy was I wrong! Yesterday I had a few tangles, which I calmly untangled, and continued knitting with. I woke up at 7am this morning, and figured I would start the day off right and do a row or two in bed. I pulled some yarn out, and realized there was another huge tangle, and then another one, and then another one. I kid you not! The whole thing is tied in huge knots. After no knitting and 20mins on untangling, the whole thing ended up being thrown across the room, with my solemn vow never to knit again! I knit to relax, and if it's not relaxing, why do I do it?

It's been a few hours now, and I think I've revised that plan a bit. I will never knit with this yarn again. Anyway, the whole episode has put me in such a bitchy mood. I think that on top of my hate of tangles, my cold is making me less tolerant too. I hate being sick, because I just don't have time for it. One more cold, and I'm not going to be graduating this year.

Originally, I was going to write about good things though, so I think I should at least give them a mention. Last night I took my handspun merino wool off of the drop spindle, and decided to dye it blue, with blue raspberry Koolaid. It went really well and looks great, I think I might re-dye it though, because some bits don't have any color. Not a problem though, because I love to dye!! And it looks pretty hanging from my shower rod (the only place the cat can't get at).



Also, Stu's brother made some French bread for us, and it was so perfect and so gourmet that I had to take a picture of it. I wish I could make bread like that. Mine always turns out like a soggy potato in the middle, and partially burned on the outside. I think that's part of the reason I appreciate this bread so much!

No comments: